What if my current contract isn’t up yet?
You can port your number, even if your contract isn’t complete yet. However, you may be required to pay off your existing contract, if nothing else, just to pay off the device.
Can I keep my old phone from my previous network?
Of course, you can keep your old phone. That sucker’s yours and it will work just fine on the new network you port to.
How much does it cost to port a number?
Nothing, nada, zilch. It’s a free service!
Can a port be refused?
While mobile number porting is usually a simple process, there are occasions on which a number port can be refused. Let’s say you’re with Network A and you want to port your number over to Network B, here’s why you might be rejected:
• Your number is already in use or is planned to be used for information or other related services.
• Your number is not a valid number on Network B.
• You have a contract with Network A and your number doesn’t match your ID number.
• Your number is already subject to the porting process.
• Your account with Network A is suspended due to you owing on outstanding bills.
• Your number was already ported in the last two months.